Monday, January 3, 2011

Step By Step

This last year has been a real struggle for me in different ways. I have changed jobs, said goodbye to friends, said hello to many new friends, began work on my LCSW, started doing some much needed soul searching, gained a beautiful new nephew, and at the end of the year had to say goodbye to my sweet and loving Dede. The lessons I learned have been huge and kept me from loosing myself fully. I don't know what this new year has but I know I am ready for the change. If I learned anything from my sweet Dede it is to love with all you have and make friends along life's journey. I spent the days following my Dede's passing, looking through a number of phone books of people's names. Some of these names I had heard throughout the years from him and my Granny and some I had never heard. The funny thing about them all is that each one of them was a part of my Dede's life and a person he touched in his journey. So with my journey waiting for me I begin with a smile and heart wide open for whatever is in store, bad or good.

I am also working on finding my purpose in this crazy world. I will spend each step moving forward with what I hope is a willing spirit, even though lets face it I am not the kind to just stand by. I speak up for what I think and feel for the most part. While the the other part stands in the way are the walls I build to protect myself, which I also plan on letting go of.

So follow me down this journey if you wish.

Abigail Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment