Monday, June 3, 2013

FAITH

My faith has always played a huge role in my life. I was saved when I was in the 5th grade and it changed my life at a time when I felt lost and confused. God stepped in an took an active role in my life. I was blessed to be part of a great youth group that allowed me the privelge of going to some amazing summer camps and on a variety of local mission trips. The times I spent in my youth group brought me some of the best friends I could have evern asked for. Those times also lead me down the road to discovering who I was and what my life would be. God showed me that he loved me even when I failed to deserve it, which was most days. He guided me to forgive my earthly father, which was a hard experience. He even stood there holding me when I shared this forgivness with my father and got hurt by his response. Those times also brought me to my career and calling as a Social Worker. God sheltered me through some really tough losses in my life, even when I pushed him so far away. Pushing God away was something I got really good at. It was easy for me to push him away because I felt that is what I did to my own earthly father. I have come to realize no matter how hard or far I tried to push God away he continued to sit right there reaching out for me. He held me and I pushed harder. I thought he was holding me back from the things I knew in my heart he had placed as desires for my life. I never saw it as him trying to ensure that I sought him and allowed him to be in control, even though I had been told that time and time again. I now see so much more clerarly. Not to say that I wont fall again and try to push him away, because lets me honest that is again something that comes easy to me. I just now see that he has used all the good and bad to shape me for him. He wants this time with me to grow in my faith and relationship with him. God will provide me with the desires of my heart, but in his time, his way, and when he is at the center of it. Thank you God for never allowing me to fully push you away. Thank you for loving me even though I sin and fall short. Thank you for giving me examples and opportunities to see your will at work in so many experinces through out the years. Above all thank you for daily seeking me out and encouraging me to seek you.

No comments:

Post a Comment