Sunday, August 2, 2009

Beginning

Not sure why or what I am doing here. Just thought I would give this a try. I have been blessed over the years by an amazing family that I know loves and supports me. I have also been blessed with some of the most incredible friends. I have learned from my family and friends so much and that I am now trying to slowly put into who I am. I feel blessed to have been given the opportunity to get both my undergraduate and graduate degrees from Baylor University in Social Work. From that blessing the last few years have been spent working with adolescents that at times really try my patients but have been some of the most amazing young people that I feel priveldged to work with. My life has taken a number of twist and turns which brings me to where I am now.

I think we all have these dreams of what our life will look like, but at times we create our own life instead looking for what God has for us. I have been trying so hard to live out this life that I dreamed of, that in the process I lost sight of what God really can do in my life. I am letting go of the controls of my life and giving them back to God. Which now puts me at a time of new beginnings and transition in my life. I have started a new job, which meant leaving some of those amazing adolescents and some of the best friends / co-workers I could ask for. Which I know may not seem that hard since I got a great job still working with adolescents, but it was hard saying goodbye to that chapter in my life. I will also be moving into my first place on my own. Which I know will be scary and exciting at the same time. Thank goodness I have an incredible mom not to far away that I know I can call anytime. The last major transition will be starting out all over again trying to find a church that fits me. I have loved my last 8 1/2 years at my church, but know God is directing me to a new path.

Not really sure if any of this makes sense, but know it is what I keep playing in my head over and over. I just pray that God continues to bless me as I make these transitions.

3 comments:

  1. Yay Abigail! So glad you started this blog! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and life with us. Keep it up. You're an amazing woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I was just surfing blogs and came across yours! If you are still trying churches out, try ours! I have found a home at my church! It's Crossroads Fellowship. Our church bought the old Harris Creek building off church road. Hope to see you there one day soon!

    ReplyDelete