Thursday, August 6, 2009

Friendship

Friends are such amazing gifts from God. Over the years my friends have come to me from school, work, camp, church, through other friends, are my family, and even randomly. As I think about each of the friends God has blessed my life with I cannot even imagine what it would be like to not have had the experience with them. Some of these friends have lasted only a short time and some have been my friends for more than 14 years. I find it funny some times to see how friendships change over the years with us. My friendships have changed a lot over the years and I have begun to realize what it means to have true friends and be a true friend. Each new stage of friendship has brought with it the challenge of trusting someone with my secrets and fears. God has shown me that these friends who I love dearly are the ones I can trust with those secrets and fears. I pray that as I continue to make this journey to find who I am and what God has for me that these friends will continue to support me. I am not sure how long this journey will take but I know it is a journey worth taking and the friends that are with me in the end will be the ones who I will always love and support as well.

1 comment:

  1. Great post!!! I'm honored to be your friend and so glad we're working together again!

    PS - Love the background!

    ReplyDelete